Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mark & I at the beach at Tulum.


What an great summer we were able to enjoy. In July we spent 15 days traveling through the Mexican Yucatan with my sister, brother-in-laws and some of my nieces and nephews . It was a amazing trip which we are so grateful to my Brother-in-law Shawn who made this wonderful opportunity happen. He made all the arrangements and did a ton of research so that we would have a splendid time together. We went to 23 Mayan Ruins, spent time at the beach, swimming in cenota's(spelling) and enjoying each others company. Mark and I spent the 15 days in a van with my four of my nephews, Spencer, Jarom, Greg & Phil and boy did we have a great time. We are so lucky that they enjoy spending time with there Aunt and Uncle.

With my sisters - Cynthia, Kristene, Annette, Michele & Myself.

Mark with our brother-in-laws, Doug, mark, Shawn, John & DeWayne

We were able to see may wonderful ruins. Some of them are El Balam, Coba, Tulum. Kohunlich, Xpujil, Calakmul, Balamku, Edzna, Uxmul, Mayapan, Chichen Itza and many more. We learned a great deal about the Mayan cultlural and how it relates to the Book of Mormon. It helped to strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the sacrifices that were made for the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus christ.


We also had some time to enjoy the beautiful beaches and cenote's. However, the first experience at the beasch was not the most favorite for me as I stepped on a sea urchin and had to have a little surgery preformed by my brother-in- law Shawn and my neice Rachel. They had to dig the sharp needles out of my foot. However, it did not spoil the trip or my ability to enjoy the Carribean Sea.













What a great experience it was to be able to enjoy the time with my family. It is truly a tribute to my parents to be able to spend time together as a family and to remember all that the taught us about making sure we stay close and to continue to make lasting memories together. I am grateful to them and the legacy they let. I am grateful to be an eternal family.

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

What an incredible summer. We can't wait to follow along in your journey's. We miss you guys.

Heinze Fam said...

Wah so much fun...

Live learn laugh said...

Hey! Welcome.. I haven't told anyone about my blog but you can find me at "live learn laugh."