Monday, November 24, 2008

I wanted to pay tribute to my wonderful parents who are no longer with us here on earth
but will never leave out hearts!

They lived by example to all who knew them. They never shy'd away from service and was always willing to lend a helping had to those around them. They were true believers that when you were serving others you were in the service of God. I can not remember a time when someone was in need that they were not there to lend helping hand. They served faithfully in the church and touched many lives because of it.

They always made sure that they had time for their 5 daughters and supported us in all that we did. They made sure to be at all of our school and church activities and always put us first in thier lives. They made great sacrifices so that we could go on many wonderful vacations together and have lasting memories that bonded our family together.

They had a deep love for the temple and showed it by attending often and my dad was a faithful temple worker for over 13 years. It was such an honor for him to be able to serve every Tuesday night and always came home with a special spirit about him. Because of their great love of the temple and their willingness to teach us of its importance each of their daughters were married there. What a great tribute it was to them to know that we loved them and wanted to follow in their footsteps.

Their tesimony of Our Savior and His infinite atonement was unwavering. They not only beleived it but they applied it to there everyday lives. The had a deep rooted tetimony of the Book of Mormon and I can still seeing them reading and studyibng from that most sacred and true book. They followed the living prophet in all that they did in there lives. I am so grateful for their love of the gospel, their example of faith, hope and charity. I will always be grateful for the many things that they taught me.

I love them and miss them but know that I can live with them again because we are an eternal family. Iam grateful for my sisteres- Michele, Kristene, Cynthia, and Annette and for thier constent love and example to me. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice tribute. Love being your sister.

Cynthia

Rachel Teran said...

I know how you feel to miss a parent, but in the same sense- you are at peace because you know you'll see them again. Isn't the Gospel fantastic?!

Loved the post.

Heinze Fam said...

Yeah, Family is the greatest treasure ever.

The Newey Fam said...

What a beautiful tribute to your parents! Now I feel like I know them just a little bit! I know how proud they continue to be of you and the life that you live! Love to you and Mark! Thank you so much for the sweet Thanksgiving card!

marlene said...

I am so grateful for the legacy they left behind. They are two of the greatest people I have ever known - I really miss them, especially at this time of year.

KarsonK2 said...

Great people. I was glad I got to know at least one of them here on earth. Can't wait to meet them both on the other side.