Friday, January 7, 2011

Farewell 2010 - Welcome 2011

We had a great Christmas season and enjoyed much time with family and friends.  It was a busy month but I can say I enjoyed all the good times we had.  We had a couple of company parties, neighborhood parties and was able to spend wonderful times with both our families.  We went to zoo lights with some of my family, attended the Festival of Trees, was blessed to do tow Sub-for-Santa and reflect on our Savior Jesus Christ.  It was a great way to end an incredible year.  We were truly blessed and hope that as the new year begins that we can continue to serve others and to draw closer to our Savior.

This year at my extended family party my sister heard that my Aunt Charlyn had been writing here history and she was so gracious to share it with my sisters and I.  I must say it has been one of the most precious gifts I received this Christmas.  I am one of the youngest of the grand children on my moms side of the family and the youngest on my dads side so I was not lucky to be blessed with knowing my grandparents.  I have been truly humbled to hear of the incredible struggles my grandma had after my grandfather passed away and she still had children at home to raise.  She raised two wonderful boys and five incredible daughters.   When my grandfather passed away she still had my uncle Raymond, my aunt Charlyn and aunt Karma still living at home.  They did not have a lot and were considered poor but because of the love of the Savior and the testimonies that were shared they may have been poor by worldly standards but were so rich in the matters of the gospel.  I  was brought to tears as I read of the incredible faith that my Aunt shared, the love of the gospel and the great power of prayer.  My testimony has grown as I have read of the struggles my grandma had but how she remained a faithful, loving, caring and spiritual leader to her children.  I feel truly blessed to have such an amazing legacy.  I love my Heavenly Father for blessing us with a wonderful grandma and grandpa who raised their children in the Church of Jesus Christ and kept them grounded in knowing what truly is important in life.  I can say that I was also raised but to wonderful parents who brought with them the teaching of their parents and am so grateful that they raised us in the gospel and helped to know what is truly important and that is to have faith in the Savior and to live the gospel to its fullest.   Thank you Aunt Charlyn for sharing

May this New Year find each of you being blessed even more.  We are so grateful for the examples and love of each of you in our lives and are better because of each one of you.

No comments: