Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get Down With Scrapbooking

Cute Trinkets for all who attended.

Last weekend, Jan 22-23, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a charity scrap booking event for the Down Syndrome Foundation of Utah. My wonderful niece started this event a few years ago because her husband Karson has three amazing siblings who have Downs and this is a way that they felt they could give back . I even was able to get a few layouts done - it is always nice to accomplish something to! My niece Marlene

This year she had the help of others which - my sister Annette, my niece Angela and her two friends Anisa & Cami. They did a super job with all the raffles, giveaways and classes. Way to go ladies. I was so great getting together with so many awesome women, many who have made a great impact on my life. It is always great to be with so many people but most important that it was to help out such a worthy cause. Thanks again for making such a wonderful event happen.

A group picture - minus a few

4 comments:

chrissy said...

what a neat event! is that open to the public every year?

Annie said...

scrapbooking for charity is a great idea. That is great that she put it together.

The Newey Fam said...

What an awesome event Sherilyn! Wish I could have attended! I need some motivation to get scrapbooking again!

Thanks also for your sweet comments on my blog. Hope I can keep it up! Wish we were in Utah too. Probably shouldn't mention this on the blog...but you know me and my blabber mouth...they are opening a Fidelity Branch in Provo in about 6 months and my hubby has already talked to them about it. Keep us in your prayers and hopefully we'll be making a big move this year...then I'll let you love on my three kids all you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love you and Mark and miss you! Take care!

Kristy said...

That is awesome! I love girl's scrapbooking weekends...